Friday, November 30, 2012

Samantha Kolpak: Thoughts from WE12


  1. After the opening of the career fair Thursday night, company's can rent a room where the employees can socialize with conference attendees and network in a casual manner. These are called Hospitality Suites. During the United Technologies Hospitality Suite, I met this employee who served as my "job fairy godmother". She was determined to find me an internship within the company and her mission was to find me a recruiter to speak with.  After a few minutes after she introduced me to a recruiter, the recruiter offered me an interview for the next day. This was  one of the highlights of my trip.
  2. During the session Purse 101, I learned how to manage my money by staying on budget. I also learned important information about managing debt, job salary's, net versus gross income, taxes, retirement plans, etc. I feel that this was one of the most beneficial workshops to attend and I know this information will help me in both the present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment