Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Carly-Jeanne Gardiner: Thoughts from WE12


There were so many things happening at Conference that it was hard to go to everything.  I mostly attended Outreach events to pick up some new ideas.  At the Outreach Expo, I was able to see what other sections did for Outreach, and I learned how to get more involved with high schools in the area.

I did attend one non-Outreach event that left an impact with me: Emotional Intelligence.  During this session, the presenter discussed how
to handle your emotions and how to not just control them, but to work through them and get past them.  She said that what is important to remember is that emotions never lie.  Your emotional response is always the correct reaction to the thoughts you are having.  You must change your thoughts to change your emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment