Saturday, February 9, 2013

Member of the Month, September: Konane Bay

Konane is to the far left, working hard on her airplane at the last UFO!
A few weeks ago I walk into the SWE GBM late because of another time commitment. I go and sit next to one of my friends and immediately told by them I was September member of the month. As soon as the meeting was completely I was informed by others in SWE. This is just how SWE is we congratulate each other on each other’s achievements.

I have been a member of RPI SWE since beginning of freshman year. I started participating in the outreach meetings and now today I am currently planning the UFO program. The UFO program is a 4 hour long program with girl scouts to teach them what aeronautical engineering is. We are planning to have 3 different activities that include plane launchers, bottle rockets, and balloons jets. I am happy that I have received the opportunity to help organize and run the UFO program for SWE. I am glad I joined SWE those two years ago not only for the outreach opportunities, but for the people I have met and become friends with.

No comments:

Post a Comment