Monday, October 21, 2013

September Member of the Month: Samantha Bliss

My SWE experience so far in one word?....WOW!  Being selected as Member of the Month was something that I never expected to receive as a freshman in my second month on campus.  I knew when I came to RPI to major in engineering that I wanted to become involved in SWE on campus, but could have never imagined just how involved I would become and how quickly!  Early in the year I attended several SWE events including the SWEet Social, Career Fair Prep and the Schlumberger presentation and learned just how helpful SWE was going to be as I searched for internships and eventually an engineering career.  These past experiences have me searching for other ways to network with companies and develop personally and professionally.  I am extremely excited to have been selected as a freshman representative for this year and look forward to working on the Executive Board and meeting all of the freshman members.  I also look forward to becoming more involved in regional and national SWE activities and hope to attend National SWE Conference next year as a sophomore!

No comments:

Post a Comment